Quantcast

Colchester truck fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Colchester truck fire

Posted: Updated:
COLCHESTER, Vt. -

A truck fire at Whitcomb's Construction Monday caused at least $100,000 worth of damage to a vehicle.

The Colchester Fire Department was called in after a Whitcomb's truck caught on fire from a space heater used to heat the truck's cab. The heater ignited insulation inside the truck which then burst into flames.

"We've had the same kind of problem with people trying to unthaw their pipes using something that's not proper to use to do that," said Colchester Fire Chief Mike Chmielewsk.

No one was injured and the drivers were able to move the vehicle away from the building before it could cause any damage.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.