Quantcast

Vt. house fire caused by ashes placed in shed - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Vt. house fire caused by ashes placed in shed

Posted: Updated:

NORWICH, Vt. (AP) - Firefighters say a fire that destroyed a home in Norwich, Vt. was caused by hot ashes from a wood stove that were placed in a shed.

Fire Chief Stephen Leinoff said the home, which caught on fire Wednesday night, is a total loss.

No one was hurt.

Leinoff said the cold and a steep, icy driveway made fighting the fire difficult. A power line also fell down directly in front of the house soon after firefighters arrived.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.