Quantcast

St. Albans Town chimney fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

St. Albans Town chimney fire

Posted: Updated:
ST. ALBANS TOWN, Vt. -

A Chimney fire is the likely cause of a blaze that destroyed a home in St. Albans Town.

The owner of the home on Pike Drive called for help a little after 9:30 a.m. Sunday.  When firefighters arrived they found heavy fire in the roof of the 2-story building.  No one was injured.  Officials say a wood stove was the likely culprit. They remind homeowners -- especially after this long winter -- to clean and inspect their chimneys.

"Make sure your Chimneys are clean when your burning wood.  It's been an extremely cold winter and got to make sure we stay on top of things and keep things maintained," said St. Albans Town Chief Harold Cross.

Chief Cross says while some personal items from the first floor are salvageable, the entire house is considered a loss.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.