Quantcast

Fire damages Milton home - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Fire damages Milton home

Posted: Updated:
MILTON, Vt. -

Fire tore through the top floor of a house in Milton Wednesday morning.

Firefighters say flames were pouring from the attic when they arrived at the house on Hobbs Road around 5 a.m.

There was one person inside at the time who was able to get out safely.

Milton Fire Chief Don Turner says they think the fire started in a metal chimney attached to home's wood-burning stove.

"The damage was so extensive it will take quite a bit of work to renovate and to allow them to reoccupy the home," Turner said.

Authorities say they don't think the fire is suspicious.

The Red Cross is helping that homeowner with a place to stay.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.