Quantcast

Unattended candle leads to Barre house fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Unattended candle leads to Barre house fire

Posted: Updated:

BARRE, Vt. (AP) - Firefighters say an unattended candle in the basement caused a Vermont house fire, displacing a family of eight and a roommate.

The first started at about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Barre City house.

Capt. Matt Cetin of the Barre City Fire Department tells the Times-Argus the family was lucky because a water pipe had broken near where the fire started, which helped control it.

He said one man was treated for smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.