A hazmat scare led to the evacuation of a building at UVM Monday afternoon.
Burlington fire officials say it happened inside a lab at Delehanty Hall on the Trinity Campus around 3:30 p.m. That's when they say malfunctioning ventilation equipment led to acidic fumes backing up inside the facility. A lab sensor set off one alarm and then a staffer pulled the fire alarm to clear the building.
Authorities say no one came in contact with the fumes.
More than 15 first responders from a number of agencies were called to the scene. The fumes were cleared and no one was hurt.