Quantcast

Electric clothes dryer sparked St. Albans fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Electric clothes dryer sparked St. Albans fire

Posted: Updated:
ST. ALBANS, Vt. (AP) - Firefighters believe an electric clothes dryer was the source of a fire that damaged part of an apartment building in St. Albans, Vermont.

None of the seven occupants was hurt in the fire over the weekend.

City Fire Chief Gary Taylor tells the St. Albans Messenger the dryer was on the front porch and plugged into an extension cord.

About 50 firefighters responded and were able to save the building. One firefighter suffered a minor burn to his hand.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related Story:

Fire rips through apartment building in St. Albans
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.