Quantcast

Specialty Filaments Workers Back at Work - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Specialty Filaments Workers Back at Work

Middlebury, Vermont - March 8, 2007

Workers at the old Specialty Filament plant in Middlebury are back on the job.

In January, Specialty Filaments filed for bankruptcy and laid off all 175 workers. In early February, the Thomas Monahan Company of Illinois purchased the plant and began rehiring workers. Company officials today said that about 75% of the workforce is back to work, or about 120 to 130 workers. The company said that it will hire back the remaining 25% down the road if they are needed.

Alex Martin - Channel 3 News

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Vermont sees revenue forecast downgrade

    Vermont sees revenue forecast downgrade

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:57 PM EDT2014-07-24 16:57:49 GMT
    Vermont's revenues are not growing as fast as expected, and Gov. Peter Shumlin says he's asking state agency chiefs to recommend a round of budget cuts.
    Vermont's revenues are not growing as fast as expected, and Gov. Peter Shumlin says he's asking state agency chiefs to recommend a round of budget cuts.
  • Shumlin refuses questions on Vt. Health Connect

    Shumlin refuses questions on Vt. Health Connect

    Thursday, July 24 2014 11:52 AM EDT2014-07-24 15:52:17 GMT
    Gov. Peter Shumlin refused to answer questions Thursday about the latest problems with Vermont Health Connect.
    Gov. Peter Shumlin refused to answer questions Thursday about the latest problems with Vermont Health Connect.
  • 4 indicted in ransacked NH grave case

    4 indicted in ransacked NH grave case

    Thursday, July 24 2014 11:01 AM EDT2014-07-24 15:01:27 GMT
    Four people accused of taking part in ransacking the grave of a New Hampshire businessman who died in 2004 have been indicted.
    Four people accused of taking part in ransacking the grave of a New Hampshire businessman who died in 2004 have been indicted.
  • Car crashes into garage

    Car crashes into garage

    Thursday, July 24 2014 9:27 AM EDT2014-07-24 13:27:45 GMT
    A car crashed into a garage in Waterford Wednesday, causing extensive damage.
    A car crashed into a garage in Waterford Wednesday, causing extensive damage.
  • 5 of 6 Vermont Guard jets nearly fixed after storm

    5 of 6 Vermont Guard jets nearly fixed after storm

    Thursday, July 24 2014 11:58 AM EDT2014-07-24 15:58:19 GMT
    The Vermont National Guard says repairs have been completed on three F-16 fighter jets damaged in a storm earlier this month and two others should be ready to fly by the end of the day.
    The Vermont National Guard says repairs have been completed on three F-16 fighter jets damaged in a storm earlier this month and two others should be ready to fly by the end of the day.
  • Police calls down in Rutland

    Police calls down in Rutland

    Thursday, July 24 2014 10:04 AM EDT2014-07-24 14:04:19 GMT
    Rutland police say a study found the number of calls for service in the Vermont city dropped almost 25 percent in the first six months of this year compared to 2013.
    Rutland police say a study found the number of calls for service in the Vermont city dropped almost 25 percent in the first six months of this year compared to 2013.
  • Barre wins grants to clean brownfields

    Barre wins grants to clean brownfields

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:05 PM EDT2014-07-24 16:05:20 GMT
    Barre is getting more than a half million dollars to clean an environmental mess.
    Barre is getting more than a half million dollars to clean an environmental mess.
  • Arguments heard on Vt. forest wind project

    Arguments heard on Vt. forest wind project

    Thursday, July 24 2014 9:41 AM EDT2014-07-24 13:41:56 GMT
    A federal judge has listened to arguments challenging a 15-tubine wind project authorized in the Green Mountain National Forest.
    A federal judge has listened to arguments challenging a 15-tubine wind project authorized in the Green Mountain National Forest.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.