Crews contain Georgia house fire
GEORGIA, Vt. (WCAX) - Everyone is safe after a fire Wednesday morning in Georgia, Vermont.
Firefighters say they found heavy smoke when they arrived around 6:30 a.m. at the home on Fontaine Drive.
We’re told the fire was accidental and that the homeowner had tried, unsuccessfully, to put it out.
Crews say it started in the first-floor living room, where a direct vent oil fired heater had been installed.
The home has substantial smoke damage but isn’t destroyed.
Copyright 2020 WCAX. All rights reserved.