Advertisement

Electrical fire destroys NH home, kill ‘scores’ of cats, dogs

Fire Chief after injuries from May structure fire
Fire Chief after injuries from May structure fire(WCAX)
Published: Oct. 28, 2020 at 9:05 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CLAREMONT, N.H. (AP) - The fire chief in Claremont, New Hampshire, says an electrical fire destroyed a home and killed numerous cats and dogs inside.

The Valley News reports Chief Bryan Burr said no one was inside the home when the fire was reported on Sunday. Burr said the homeowner, a man, lived alone in the 1 1/2-story, single-family structure. He was away at the time. Burr said fire crews were able to save at least three pets, but there were “scores” of deceased cats and dogs inside.

Burr said the fire was likely caused by an electric overload. He also said the home didn’t have any working smoke detectors.

(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)