Advertisement

Family pet dies in Milton house fire

House in catches fire in Milton
House in catches fire in Milton(wcax)
Published: Aug. 17, 2021 at 11:40 PM EDT|Updated: Aug. 18, 2021 at 6:30 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MILTON, Vt. (WCAX) - A Milton home was damaged by fire Tuesday.

The Milton fire chief says the report of the fire at a home on 122 McMullen Road came in around 7:30 p.m. He says a neighbor smelled smoke and called the homeowner to got the code to get inside but was unable to get the family pet out due to extreme heat.

Officials say it appears the fire started in the kitchen.

Copyright 2021 WCAX. All rights reserved.