Fentanyl-laced marijuana blamed for overdose in Vermont
BRATTLEBORO, Vt. (WCAX) - Police are warning Vermonters that fentanyl-laced marijuana has been found in our region, and it caused one person to overdose Saturday.
Brattleboro police say they revived a patient using CPR and several doses of Narcan.
The patient told police they hadn’t taken any opiates, only smoked marijuana. That pot tested positive for fentanyl.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Police are warning to people to ensure they know the source and history of any marijuana they consume.
Copyright 2021 WCAX. All rights reserved.