Pets killed in Newport Center house fire
Published: Dec. 7, 2021 at 4:42 AM EST|Updated: Dec. 7, 2021 at 6:45 AM EST
NEWPORT CENTER, Vt. (WCAX) - Several pets were lost in a house fire in Newport Center on Monday night.
Newport Center Volunteer Fire Department crews say high winds made it tough for them to fight the flames.
Crews responded to the call Monday night just before 7 p.m. at a home on Searles Road.
They say when they got there, heavy fire was coming from the windows and doors. The winds had them call for backup from multiple area departments.
Firefighters say all the people made it out safely, but many pets were lost in the flames.
Copyright 2021 WCAX. All rights reserved.