Advertisement

Williston barn damaged in fire

A barn in Williston has about $50,000 worth of damage after a flame is sparked in the boiler room.
Published: Mar. 14, 2022 at 6:48 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) - A fire at a barn in Williston caused about $50,000 in damage.

Williston firefighters say it happened Sunday around 11 a.m. on Oak Hill Road.

They say the property owner and neighbors jumped in quickly, using fire extinguishers and snow to limit the spread of the fire.

Fire crews arrived and called in several other departments, and the barn was cleared in about two hours.

Investigators say the fire started in the boiler room and it was accidental.

They remind people to dispose of hot ashes outside.

Copyright 2022 WCAX. All rights reserved.