Young Vt. hunters encouraged to head to reporting stations with deer
BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) - During Vermont’s youth and novice weekend this Saturday and Sunday, state wildlife biologists are encouraging hunters to stop by a biological check station once they bag a buck.
The goal is to help biologists gather data on the health of Vermont’s deer population.
Hunters are required to report deer in person at a big game reporting station this weekend because online reporting will not be available.
The rules for this year’s hunting season can be found here.
The biological reporting stations are open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (unless the store closes earlier) Saturday and Sunday:
- R&L Archery 70 Smith Street, Barre
- Buck Stop Mini Mart 7373 Main Street, Bennington
- Wright’s Enterprises 48 Community Drive, Derby
- East Corinth General Store 8392 VT Route 25, East Corinth
- West Enosburg Country Store 2394 West Enosburg Road, Enosburg Falls
- Fletcher General Store 110 School Road, Fletcher
- Smith’s Grocery 759 North Main, Greensboro Bend
- Bob’s Quick Stop 6196 VT Route 14, Irasburg
- Lead & Tackle 31 Middle Street, Lyndon
- Crossman’s General Store 8 East Street, Middletown Springs
- Rack N Reel 5343 Ethan Allen Highway, New Haven
- Hilliker’s Store 2519 VT Route 105, Newport Center
- Buxton’s Country Store 499 Main Street, Orwell
- Keith’s Country Store 4085 US Route7, Pittsford
- Maplefields 8132 US Route 2, Plainfield
- Singleton’s Store 356 Main Street, Proctorsville
- Back Country Sports 751A Sheldon Road, St. Albans
- Tunbridge Firearms 252 Spring Road, Tunbridge
- Windsor Fire Department 29 Union Street, Windsor
Copyright 2022 WCAX. All rights reserved.