Fire damages home in Burlington’s New North End
BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) - Investigators say a fire that damaged a home in Burlington’s New North End Wednesday was caused by a heat tape malfunction.
The Burlington Fire Department responded around 4 p.m. to the home at 60 Avenue B.
One woman was in the home at the time of the fire. She was not injured but was taken to the hospital as a precaution for smoke inhalation. Three pets were also rescued from the home.
The Burlington Fire Marshal’s Office found evidence of failed heat tape under the water heater.
Copyright 2023 WCAX. All rights reserved.