Advertisement

Explosion and fire at a home in Worcester

(WCAX)
Published: Mar. 3, 2019 at 7:07 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Two people were injured in a house fire in Worcester Sunday.

It happened at a home on Eagle Ledge Road around 10:30 a.m. Vermont State Police say they were notified of an explosion and house fire. Three sides of the small wood-framed building were blown away by the blast and the metal roof collapsed on what was left of the house.

Police say David Garneau, 39, and Miranda Bador, 30, were inside at the time. Both managed to crawl out of the collapsed house and were brought to Central Vermont Hospital with second-degree burns. Police say Garneau was treated and released and Bador was transferred to the burn unit at the University of Vermont Medical Center for further treatment and evaluation.

Investigators say a possible propane leak could be to blame for the explosion but they are still looking into it.