CHAMPLAIN, N.Y. (WCAX) An apartment building in Champlain caught fire Wednesday afternoon.
It happened at the Sunset Apartments off Route 9 at about 3:45 p.m.
Route 9 was lined by fire engines from Plattsburgh to Champlain.
Champlain's fire chief said the blaze was sparked by brush burning too close to the building. He said wind pushed the fire from the burn to the building.
Fire officials say everyone made it out safely.
The burn ban was lifted Tuesday but officials say it's important to check weather conditions before any burn.