Dining hall closed at Wake Robin
The dining hall at the Wake Robin retirement community, which was rocked by a ricin scare earlier in the week, was closed this weekend.
According to a source at the facility, the dining hall was closed Saturday and residents were given boxed meals to take back to their rooms. The dining hall remained closed Sunday. According to a spokesperson for the facility, the dining hall was closed for additional cleaning. Officials say they anticipated reopening it to residents early this week.
Friday, 70-year-old Betty Miller was charged in connection with the ricin investigation at the Shelburne facility. Authorities say Miller was plotting to hurt herself with the homemade toxin, which was located in her apartment. She's accused of testing the poison's power on her neighbors for weeks.