Advertisement

Police: Alcohol, exposure led to UVM student's death

(WCAX)
Published: Feb. 5, 2019 at 6:36 AM EST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Burlington Police say a 19-year-old first-year University of Vermont student died over the weekend from exposure to subzero temperatures, made worse by alcohol.

Connor Gage was found dead in a parking lot in Burlington Feb. 2. Preliminary autopsy results showed the student from Little Falls, New York, died from exposure to subzero temperatures, worsened by the effects of intoxication. Official toxicology results are pending and could take several weeks.

The investigation shows Gage attended two off-campus events during the evening of Friday, Feb. 1, leaving the second event at approximately 12:45 a.m. Feb. 2. About 20 minutes later, he is seen on a surveillance camera on North Winooski Avenue, where his body was found just before 11 a.m. Feb. 2.

Police say the surveillance footage shows Gage alone, inadequately dressed and moving in ways consistent with intoxication and/or hypothermia.

Latest News

Latest News