Advertisement

State recommends revoking license of BHS guidance director

(WCAX)
Published: Oct. 3, 2018 at 9:26 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

The Vermont Agency of Education has filed new charges against Burlington High School's guidance director.

The agency originally recommended Mario Macias be suspended for nearly a year after facing six-counts of unprofessional misconduct. Last week the agency filed its 7th charge against Macias.

Secretary of Education Daniel French says Macais inappropriately confronted a student-witness who gave testimony regarding the guidance director's charges.

The agency originally requested Macias to be suspended for 364 days, but now is recommending that his educator license be revoked.

Agency of Education officials received more information about Macias' conduct after the first six charges were filed. Beyond that, they would not comment on what they call an open investigation.

Neither Macias or Superintendent Yaw Obeng returned WCAX requests for comment Wednesday. The Burlington district spokesman says the superintendent wants to let the process play out.

Meanwhile, Burlington School Board Chair Clare Wool says she's concerned about the latest allegation. The board plans to meet with Obeng about it this week.

Documents

Count 71.pdf