BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) Want to join our team? WCAX is hiring a Part-Time Technical Media Producer.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first- or second-highest-rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WCAX is the original and leading station in the Burlington-Plattsburgh market. We paved the way for TV in this whole area of the country. We are a station of innovators. If you are the person who will help us inform, educate, entertain and delight an audience of more than 750,000 people, then you need to send your resume to us right now.
Take this opportunity to build your career in a place people come from all over the world to enjoy. Ski at some of the best-known resorts in America in the winter and hike, boat and play outdoors in the summer. The Burlington, Vermont, area is one of the most beautiful places in North America. Maybe you'll find yourself at the top of the Green Mountains in Vermont or Adirondacks in New York. Then again, the foodie culture of downtown Burlington may whet your appetite for delicious traditional favorites or haute cuisine. Perhaps you'll be the one who finally captures a clear image of "Champ," the mythical prehistoric monster (like that other one in Loch Ness, Scotland) said to live in beautiful Lake Champlain.
The Technical Media Producer is a collision of art and science in one exciting role. The science is in the technical operation of the television station, interacting with a variety of technologies to succeed daily. The art is in the use of your knowledge, skills and interest in news, entertainment and production to execute live newscasts and run station programming as seamlessly as possible each day. The Technical Media Producer's general responsibility is directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WCAX's on-air streams, transmitter, FCC logs and ingesting daily programming and commercial inventory. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to -
The successful candidate will be trained on our station-specific duties and protocols in order to be responsible for these areas:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned for WCAX; monitor programming on air
• Daily work with the following platforms: Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, Harris automation, Utah Scientific House routing system, Ross Xpression graphics, Adobe Suite, and supporting equipment in the control room. Applications of these skills will include effectively operating robotic camera controls, prompter operation, audio operation and a working knowledge of in-house web production
• Monitor and manage FCC program & transmitter logs and to comply with FCC broadcast regulations
• Work with AP ENPS, newsroom computer system
• Prep Media for news as needed
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Great communication and people skills
• Operating knowledge of PCs and graphics computers
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Good or corrected hearing and vision
• Good English speaking skills, the ability to speak clearly
• Ability to work on studio lighting fixtures on a ladder – higher than 10 ft.
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.