Red Sox vs. Angels Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 22
Published: May. 22, 2023 at 2:08 PM EDT|Updated: May. 22, 2023 at 8:08 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Angels (25-23) and Boston Red Sox (26-21) clash on Monday at 9:38 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.
The Angels will give the nod to Jaime Barria (1-1) versus the Red Sox and Tanner Houck (3-3).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Red Sox vs. Angels Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Time: 9:38 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Barria - LAA (1-1, 2.35 ERA) vs Houck - BOS (3-3, 5.48 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Angels vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Angels vs Red Sox Player Props|
|Angels vs Red Sox Prediction|
|How to Watch Angels vs Red Sox|
|Angels vs Red Sox Odds|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tanner Houck
- Houck (3-3) takes the mound first for the Red Sox in his ninth start of the season. He has a 5.48 ERA in 42 2/3 innings pitched, with 38 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Monday, May 15, the righty went five innings against the Seattle Mariners, allowing four earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 5.48, with 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season. Opponents are hitting .253 against him.
- Houck is looking to pick up his second quality start of the year in this game.
- Houck is seeking his sixth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 frames per start.
Tanner Houck vs. Angels
- He will take the mound against an Angels offense that is hitting .261 as a unit (eighth in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .419 (11th in the league) with 60 total home runs (ninth in MLB action).
- Houck has pitched four innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits while striking out six against the Angels this season.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jaime Barria
- The Angels will send out Barria for his first start of the season.
- The 26-year-old righty will start for the first time this campaign after coming out of the bullpen 10 times.
- He has pitched in 10 games this season with an ERA of 2.35, a 3.50 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .957.
Jaime Barria vs. Red Sox
- The Red Sox are batting .268 this season, third in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .445 (fifth in the league) with 58 home runs.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.