Red Sox vs. Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 28
The Boston Red Sox (28-24) will look to sweep the Arizona Diamondbacks (29-23) at Chase Field on Sunday, at 4:10 PM ET.
The Diamondbacks will give the ball to Merrill Kelly (5-3, 3.30 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 6 on the season, and the Red Sox will counter with Tanner Houck (3-3, 4.99 ERA).
Red Sox vs. Diamondbacks Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV: BSAZ
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Kelly - ARI (5-3, 3.30 ERA) vs Houck - BOS (3-3, 4.99 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Diamondbacks vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Diamondbacks vs Red Sox Player Props|
|How to Watch Diamondbacks vs Red Sox|
|Diamondbacks vs Red Sox Odds|
|Diamondbacks vs Red Sox Prediction|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tanner Houck
- Houck gets the start for the Red Sox, his 10th of the season. He is 3-3 with a 4.99 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 48 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Tuesday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- During nine games this season, the 26-year-old has a 4.99 ERA and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .242 to his opponents.
- Houck has two quality starts this season.
- Houck will look to extend a seven-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.4 innings per appearance).
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Merrill Kelly
- The Diamondbacks' Kelly (5-3) will make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, May 21, when he tossed five innings while giving up two earned runs on three hits in a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 3.30 and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .194 in 10 games this season.
- In 10 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in five of them.
- Kelly will look to finish five or more innings for the 10th start in a row.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 34-year-old's 3.30 ERA ranks 25th, 1.081 WHIP ranks 15th, and 9.3 K/9 ranks 26th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.