Red Sox vs. Yankees Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 9
The New York Yankees (37-27) and Boston Red Sox (31-32) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Yankee Stadium, at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are coming off a series defeat to the White Sox, and the Red Sox a series loss to the Guardians.
The probable pitchers are Gerrit Cole (7-0) for the Yankees and Garrett Whitlock (2-2) for the Red Sox.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Red Sox vs. Yankees Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 9, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Venue: Yankee Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Cole - NYY (7-0, 2.82 ERA) vs Whitlock - BOS (2-2, 5.61 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Red Sox Player Props|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Red Sox|
|Yankees vs Red Sox Odds|
|Yankees vs Red Sox Prediction|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Garrett Whitlock
- Whitlock (2-2) takes the mound first for the Red Sox in his sixth start of the season. He has a 5.61 ERA in 25 2/3 innings pitched, with 20 strikeouts.
- The righty last pitched on Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 5.61, with 7 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season. Opponents are hitting .283 against him.
- Whitlock has one quality start under his belt this year.
- Whitlock is looking to collect his fourth start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- So far during the 2023 campaign he has given up at least one earned run in each of his appearances.
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Gerrit Cole
- Cole (7-0) will take to the mound for the Yankees and make his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in six innings pitched against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in 13 games this season with an ERA of 2.82, a 3 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.130.
- He has earned a quality start eight times in 13 starts this season.
- Cole has pitched five or more innings in 13 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has made 13 appearances and finished four of them without allowing an earned run.
- The 32-year-old's 2.82 ERA ranks 14th, 1.130 WHIP ranks 30th, and 9.5 K/9 ranks 25th among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.